The materials in our Resources section are for informational purposes only, without any representation that they are accurate or complete. These publications do not constitute legal advice and do not create an attorney-client relationship between the reader and any other person, nor are they an offer to create such a relationship. These publications are current as of the date written, but laws change over time and vary from state to state. As a result, the information presented here may not be timely and/or appropriate for any state not specifically addressed in a publication. Consult an attorney if you have questions regarding the content of any publication.
Posted on March 7, 2013

Many nonprofit organizations provide child care services for parents participating in their programs. These organizations may need to get a state license to operate a day care or they may qualify for an exemption. Even if an organization is exempt from state licensing requirements, their county and city may have additional requirements. This article explains who needs to apply for a state license, who may qualify for an exemption, how to apply for an exemption, and how to contact your county and city to find out if there are additional local regulations.