The California Management Assistance Partnership created this helpful guide for what you need to know before starting a nonprofit.
You filled out the lengthy application and were elated when you received the 501(c)(3) determination letter in the mail. You may think you’re done with filling out forms and dealing with the IRS, but you’re wrong. There is still a lot to do to make sure your organization is in compliance with all of the laws and regulations that govern it. Don’t miss this informative webcast for a broad overview of:
• What your Board of Directors should do to keep your organization out of trouble.
• How to keep your 501(c)(3) status.
• What filings you must make to avoid serious fines and penalties.
• Steps to take before you hire your first employee.
• How to protect your name, logo and other intellectual property.
When: Thursday, July 19, 2012
10:00 am to 11:00 am
Presenter: Rachel Epps Spears, Executive Director, Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
Nonprofits have significant obligations to register to ask for money and to acknowledge donations when received. These rules can be traps for the wary. During this one hour webinar, our speaker helps nonprofits understand:
- Who needs to register to solicit donations?
- In what states do you need to register when you have a website?
- How do you create a simple system to acknowledge donations?
- What paperwork should be kept to verify acknowledgements?
Presenter: Robyn Miller, Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
You feel called to start a nonprofit business, but do you really know what you are getting into before you take that leap?
- Hear a panel of nonprofit founders/executive directors tell you what it’s really like to run a start-up nonprofit
- Get valuable and surprising information about some of the legal aspects of starting and running a nonprofit business from two attorneys
- Get resources to help you make good decisions and avoid mistakes
Janice Island of Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell
Rachel Spears of Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
Please click here to view the webcast.