This past year has been marked by many legal developments that impact employers. We will highlight recent court cases and federal agency guidance, and discuss best practices for employers in light of these changes. During this webinar, we will provide an overview of the following hot topics in employment law:
• Discrimination based on religion, pregnancy and genetic information;
• New guidance on independent contractor and joint employment status; and
• Developments related to social media.
Presenters: Olushola Ayanbule, Kathleen Kubis & Katherine Smallwood, Seyfath Shaw
This is part five of an eight part webinar series that provides general legal information about operating a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation.This webinar introduces some of the many legal issues concerning employment law, including hiring, supervision and possible termination of employees; the proper use of contractors; wage and hour compliance; and an overview of harassment and discrimination laws.
Presenter: Judith Moldover, Esq., Lawyers Alliance for New York
Once nonprofits have figured out how to categorize workers, the next step is to understand the rules surrounding employees specifically. The Fair Labor Standards Act determines how and when employees are to be paid, what amount employees are to be paid and a host of other issues. During this one hour webcast, our speaker:
- Explains many of the basic requirements of the FLSA,
- Discusses pitfalls that nonprofits often face, and,
- Identifies common solutions that help nonprofits avoid violating FLSA
Presenter: Weyman Johnson, Partner, Paul Hastings