Partner DLA Piper
Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary
The Facility Group
How do we help our volunteer lawyers?
- We give transactional attorneys an opportunity to perform meaningful and rewarding pro bono work. This work makes a real difference in our community, impacting individuals and organizations alike, using the same legal skills that our volunteers use in their practice on a daily basis.
- We give junior lawyers a chance to assume leadership positions in transactional legal matters and to work directly with CEOs.
- We thoroughly screen all requests for legal assistance from nonprofits and our staff attends the initial meeting with the nonprofit client.
- We provide continuing support and resources to volunteer lawyers, including forms and other materials necessary to provide the highest quality legal services to our nonprofit clients.
- We alert private attorneys to potential issues related to nonprofit and tax-exempt law.
- We provide, when requested, co-counsel assistance from other volunteer attorneys.
- We provide malpractice insurance for all of our volunteer attorneys.
How can you help?
- Become an attorney volunteer.
- Speak at one of our nonprofit workshops.
- Contribute articles and forms for our website.
- Encourage your employer to support the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta.
- Donate to the Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta.
Would you like to assist one of our clients with a legal matter?
If you would like to receive a monthly email from us with our volunteer opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please include your contact information (including address and phone number), the name of your law firm or legal department, practice area, state(s) in which you are licensed to practice law, and year(s) of admittance.